June 7th, 2012
Wilmington, NC new home builder Mark Johnson Custom Homes understands the importance of soundproofing certain areas of a home during construction. We would like to introduce our readers to a product that has only been used in commercial building in the past, but is now being used in homes.
Engineered specifically for maximum noise absorbency and used extensively in the industrial and commercial field, QuietFiber is now being successfully introduced into non-industrial environments where reverberant sound and echo is a problem, including:
- Restaurants, clubs, bars
- Hotel lobbies, pool areas, dining areas
- Single family homes, condos, apartments
- Kennels, etc., veterinary offices, pet stores
- Churches, hospitals, schools
Non-fiberglass QuietFiber is rated at the highest noise reduction level of “NRC 1.00″ (noise reduction coefficient, higher the number the better).
Areas of high noise levels including sound reverberation can be resolved easily and economically by introducing QuietFiber into as much of the area as possible. The amount of noise reduction in highly reflective rooms will be directly relative to how much of the QuietFiber material can be installed into the room. QuietFiber is available in 4 ft. x 6 ft. sheets x 2 in. thick. Ceiling tiles may also be replaced with QuietFiber.
Unlike other fibrous materials or fiberglass which does not have the high NRC ratings that QuietFiber has, QuietFiber is “hydrophobic,” meaning it will not absorb nor combine with water. This is an obvious attribute should the material become wet, humid or need steam cleaning. Marine noise reduction applications are endless.
Check out how QuietFiber has been used successfully to solve many types of noise problems.
- Highest noise absorption rating of NRC 1.00 (exceeds fiberglass sound attenuation).
- Black or white faced version can be used to replace ceiling ties to significantly reduce internal room noise and flanking from adjoining rooms.
- Highest quality acoustical insulation in the building industry.
- Hydrophobic, will not combine with water.
- Will not support mold.
- Easy installation.
- Full outdoor weather and U.V. tolerant.
- Easily used in conjunction with a high STC barrier material such as Acoustiblok.
- Shows significant STC benefit when used in wall or floor assemblies vs. fiberglass.
- High temperature capable for high temperature sound abatement, i.e. generator enclosures.
- Comprised of up to 90% recycled material. 100% recyclable. Non-fiberglass.
- QuietFiber® material is virtually fireproof. Having a U.L. rating of “0 smoke” and “0 flame,” it more than meets any fire code (faced version has flame spread of 25). Both versions tested to ASTM E84.
- **Entirely made in USA**
Article courtesy of: Acoustiblok.com